Hangover Monday – 17 Reasons Why Drinking On A Sunday Is Both An Awesome & Terrible Idea
Drinking on a Sunday is a bit like playing Russian roulette, get it right and you will have a great time stretching out the weekend’s social activities with your friends and still be ready to return to the daily grind of the working week. Drink too much and get it wrong and you will be in for a horrendous hangover Monday.
If you’re going to go out drinking at the weekend, and chances are you will definitely be celebrating something to excess when you leave the office, the only sensible options are to do it on a Friday or Saturday, right?
Logic dictates that no one in their right mind would attempt to go out drinking on a Sunday and knocking back stupid amounts of alcohol. Not with work looming over the horizon. You have to be sensible. Surely?
Wrong. Because we are all creatures of habit and no matter how many times you say “Never again” after rocking into the office stinking of the night before on a Monday morning, you’ll continue to do it forevermore.
So if you are sitting at your desk at work, home or college on a Monday morning watching this, with a hangover that would put a Hollywood movie to shame, then the 17 reasons listed below will go someway to highlighting why you arrived at where you are and what you did wrong along the way. You might learn something.
So drown your sorrows (and your hangover) in this repository of why drinking on a Sunday is such a bad idea and make a promise (that you know you will never keep) that you’ll never do it again. At least until next Sunday.
Why Drinking On A Sunday Is A Big Risk
1. There’s a sense of rebellious abandon about drinking on a Sunday.
2. It’s the only way to truly beat those Sunday night blues.
3. Or at least postpone them until Monday.
4. You meet the most interesting characters.
5. And it’s better than spending the evening alone at home.
6. There’s a sense of camaraderie with your fellow bar flies when drinking on a Sunday because you know that you really shouldn’t be there.
7. Which means it’s probably the closest you’re ever going to get to being in an episode of Cheers.
8. The bar is less crowded than on a Friday night.
9. But equally that can be a bad thing.
10. And what starts out as a sophisticated evening of just a couple of social drinks.
11. Can soon spiral out of control when you’re still up past midnight.
12. Like, really out of control.
13. So make sure you don’t have any important meetings Monday morning.
14. Because, who has self-control?
15. And hangovers are worse on a Monday. Fact.
16. Drinking on a Sunday can be fun though.
17. Just don’t do it to excess. Save that for midweek drinks.
When it comes to role models for sports-loving young girls, professional boxer Alicia Napoleon is certainly up there. Known as ‘The Empress’ she comes from New York…
Belgium artist Vincent Bal has a thing for everyday objects and the shadows they cast, he creates awesome doodles out of the scenes that the object’s shadows…
Veterinarian Dr. Ernie Ward knows about dogs, and he knows about hot cars. As many pet owners know, locking dogs in a hot car is something that…
The Italian supercar company has revealed their latest GT racing car, the Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo. The Italian racer, which will take to the circuits in…
Artist and photographer John Poppleton uses the human form as his canvas working with blacklight body paint, but what he creates is unlike any body painting you’ve…
Phil Jupitus finds out the hard way that being a parent is no easy ride and things get especially challenging when the kids become teenagers, especially when…
Tiny tattoos prove that small can be beautiful and that’s definitely the case for these tiny tattoo designs by South Korean tattooist Witty Button that are minimalist…
Arm yourself with these factslides (or random facts if you have no idea what that means) and the next time you’re out down the local bar or…
Instead of celebrating who’s a good boy, ugly dogs are the winners at the Sonoma Marin Fair which hosts the World’s Ugliest Dog Contest. It’s an annual…
Subdermal implant technology is very quickly becoming a reality as people see the advantages of a microchip implant to enhance their daily life and routines. Not so…
The famous Apollo moon landing of 1969 was actually set in motion eight years earlier, when cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin became the first human to journey into space,…